Monday 5 December 2016

December 2016 & Winter Is Here

5th December 2016

What can I say that will not be said by everyone writing a diary in my part of the world, fog, fog, fog and more fog. It was so thick when I arrived back on planet earth and the sun barely broke through although toward the later part of the afternoon, it did show it's face briefly. However, I did say briefly as it showed it's face at 3.00pm but by 3.30pm it had gone for good and the temperature dropped so quickly that the inevitable happened and the fog simply came back with a vengeance and was very thick on the M1 motorway as I headed south for about 20 miles.

The weekend was something that was affected by the sad news about Andrew Sachs and the sad news of his end to his life. It was sad because we all grew up watching this wonderful performance as Manuel the Spanish waiter in Faulty Towers and brought so much happiness to so many fans.

I have to venture out tomorrow and I'm hopeful that the fog has lifted before I set off as it is very dangerous on the roads with so many ignoring the speed signs and driving like they have nine lives. I will up-date you all about my day out when I return tomorrow and share where I have been and what I got up to.

__________________________________________________________________