Friday 30 December 2016

The Countdown Starts Now and Launch Is Closer Than Ever.

30th December 2016




This is a typical view over the Yorkshire & Derbyshire moorland in the middle of winter. The sky was quite blue and the sun was dropping to the west.


Its getting quite late in the afternoon and as you can clearly see, the Sun is settling down for the night in the distance.


These guys were super curios in the end and drowned out the silence with there constant Ba ba baaaa but it was quite funny as they looked liked they knew what each one was saying. The light was good for photography and I wish I had brought my camera, as it was, I just had my phone with me to at least capture a record of the moment.


Looking west and down the valley toward the distant rolling hillside of the Derbyshire border. In the bottom of the valley is Dam Flask of which is a great sight to see when the sun goes down as it creates a very dark looking stretch of calm water that is very mystical.



Above, the sheep had just been provided with there daily feed and it was clearly gratefully received as it's going to be dark in about 2 hours and very cold tonight







Looking down upon Dam Flask provides a view and impresion of just how low the lake itself is. The water always looks so black because of the shadows created my the hills as the sun drops in the distant background.



Looking back across the lake at the start of dusk provided the lake with so many features of colours to which I now regret not bringing my camera with me. However, my phone captured the moment admirably and I can't complain.



The sound of silence is only broken by the deafening sound of extreme silence. This time of day always creates such a spectacle of colour over the lake with the clouds appearing to be pink in the reflection of the lake..