Monday 17 October 2016

An Autumn Drive To The Office

17th October 2016

My Daily Diary By Peter Hulbert:


My day was not going to be anything special when I first woke up but as soon as I looked out of the window it was all about to change. The sight of a big orange ball in the sky was enough to suggest some fresh air was on the cards and a brisk walk in the cool breez and autumunal weather with all those wonderful smells of rotting leaves and fungus was all I needed to get wrapped up and set off out of the door.

My normal rout "all beit a short one" is to head to the top of the hill and then drop down to the edge of the park, following the edge of the brook or stream untill I reach the lake where to my surprise on such a cold day, there was a lady throwing a stick into the lake for her dog (golden retreiver) who would bravely leap into the water for a swim and fetch the stick. I can confirm his bravery was well founded because the water must have been very cold today.

On my way through the park, I encountered a few dog walkers as normal, many wild birds on the search for berries and other foods but most of all the wonders of peace and quiet which is the one thing that certainly clears your mind first thing in a morning.

The day itself was a naturally bright and sunny day with huge white fluffy clouds but as the sun is now low over the horizon, it is much colder and the temprature always reminds me that summer was a long time ago and the steam coming out of my nose shows just how cold the day was but the freshness of the air is a pure delight and is something you can't ever put a  price on.

I often take a walk allong the edge of the brook and listen to my music in my headphones privately as it would be unfair to others to break the silence for them if it is only I who is in the mood for music and today my chosen songs was as follows:


It has lasting memories for me and reminds me of my days in Nevada and living the freedom of choice life. My memories of driving up to Lake Taho and the wonderful skiing resort was some of my more memorable moments with Bill, Luci and my dear friends. I still say today that I wished I had stayed in the USA and brought my daughter to live with me instead of me returning to the UK to live near her.

The rest of my day was taken up by a drive over the top to Holmfirth and the office where we started out on a typical Monday morning with the moving of things that were taken up by orderes etc and the making of room for new products and goods. The best part of that section of my day was that wonderful drive over the hills where the views are something of a spectacle to see. I often stop and capture the moment by taking a breath of the fresh air and even the occasional photograph of the wonderful view.

Please feel free to join into our Twitter feed and followers, our offer is a simple one. You follow us and we follow you back. We also have a Facebook site where you are once again welcome to follow and the rules are exactly the same.

I hope you enjoyed my few words of today and whilst Im no professional, I did enjoy sharing my day with you all as the life and daily diary of Peter Hulbert.