Monday 17 October 2016

Another Day In Autumn of 2016

18th October 2016

Another day another dollar is the expression but today there was no dollar. However, despite the moans and groans about the cold weather and the freezing wind, I was to speak with a friend of mine in another part of the world and all the pieces of the jigsaw started to fit into place but appear to be insignificance when I hear what is going on their. After almost a month a 24 hour a day rain, they have been left devistated by suffering a major problem to the water system leaving the whole area without any fresh water for 2 days and maybe longer as there is no confirmed date for the system to be working. This leaves people with no ability to drink, wash, use the bathroom etc, all in a country that has been devistated by a huge storm and constant rain.... "My heart goes out to you all"

I was in for a bit of a shock today after hearing the knock at the door and the post man bringing me something I had ordered some 3 months ago and had totally forgotten about. I had made a purchase of a "Bluetooth Speaker" to which I had forgotton about but suffice to say arrived and gave me something to play with. It took me a while to work out the instructions as despite the fact that they were written in so called English, as many of you will be well aware, the Chinese often do a great job of making a prooduct but a poor job of telling us how it works, thus I spent a long time working out which part of England the instructions were meant for. However, some time later in the day, I did manage to connect the speaker and play some music and to my surprise, the sound quality was very good indeed.

My second part of the day to which I wish to pay attention to and draw your attention to was the drive to Coventry & Burton on Trent. It's quite sad to say that most people think of Coventry as being devastated by German bombs in the second world war when in reality it is a City of excellence for engineering and I had the pleasure of visiting the "Sir Frank Whittle" buildings in the City to which was a great honour, shortly afterwards I was to be on the inside of a great brewery on the banks of the river Trent. It was such a shame to leave as I was hoping to be locked in with the key thrown away.

The journey back to Holmfirth was a pleasant one untill I heard on the radio news that there is a destinct possibility of snow arriving by the weekend which could cause some issues but more importantly means it's cold in bed tonight and no one to share the pillow with. Never mind, I keep the possitivity going forward and the focus on the target and armed with my vision and my music, I just know the end of the tunnel is in sight. Todays music was as follows: