Sunday 16 October 2016

My Autumn Thoughts By Peter Hulbert

16th October 2016

Its one of those Sundays when you are caught up in your own thoughts and without anyone to share them with. I woke up to a raining and misserable day with little if no prospect of going anywhere but as the wind and rain kept coming, a break in the skies showed promise of perhaps better things to come but by now I had already decided that as I was alone and as always let down by those who should know better, it was too late in the day to consider doing anything except looking out of the window with barely my thoughts to conatin me.

I found solice in my music as always and my normal act of expression is to write while I listen and as I treated myself to Van Morrison and his new album "Keep me singing" I found some memories of life and lost times and decided life was not all bad.


My week ahead is looking quite optimistic as I have some things to be getting on with and many friends to keep my chin from hitting the bottom of the sea bed. I may even get out this week armed with my camera as the colours at this time of year are a truly a spectacle as the onslaught of autumn draws in and brings us closer to winter, the time just flies bye but for some reason life itself just goes so slowly, hardly ever noticing the grey hairs appear and the wrinkles creeping through but Im blessed by good health and a wonderful family and as such it's not all bad. The one thing I have learned by being Peter Hulbert is that Peter Hulbert is no quitter and when his back is to the wall, he is a dangerous person to corner.

The new car is quite a surprise and every day opens my mind to the wonderful world in all it's glory. My past is gone and my future is ahead and all that we can do is learn from the past and develop our future as we go forward and if we learn anything from the past it should be to improve and be a better person that we were yesterday.

God Bless You All.



Peter Hulbert