Thursday 21 April 2016

A Week Of Loss & Sadness

21st April 2016

Its been a week full of events and reflections with both high's and low's and it started with a low for me as a shock story broke regarding the sad loss of a true comedy professional sadly passed away and for me, far to early. Victoria Wood was a truly wonderful and humerous person who saw through comedy and brought it back to earth with a bang. Her lasting memory is something that we should not weep at but smile and praise the quality of the person, the charecters and writing that she delivered with such style.


Whilst I write these few words in memory of such an inspiring artist, I heard in the background the equally sad news that a music genius has also passed away and the colour purple will be forever be associated with Prince and I think it is better to let the music inspire your memory rather than my feeble worlds.


Finally for today, I would like to send my very best wishes to our gracious Queen on her 90th Birthday and the whole country has engaged in the celebrations and across the country a flame of fire has been lit in beacons to celebrate the moment and memory.


There is one thing that the Brits can't be beaten on and thats our monarchy, pomp and ceremony. If there is one thing we do super good it's royalty and the whole world was watching how it should be done. One the Queens official birthday later on in the year, Im sure that all of the armed forces will put on a quality display as always.

Sunday 24th April 2016

Sunday was a day of calm, Sheffield Wednesday managed a draw and are pretty certain to be in the play off's and my City of Sheffield is crammed full of snooker supporters all seeking the price of fame and autographs. The weather was at least calm and dry although it has turned cold but whilst it threatened to ruin the London Marathon, it in fact stayed dry and with a blue sky and cool breez, it was probably the perfect conditions in some ways. It's Monday tomorrow and the drama of the week starts all over again. Im just glad I work for myself not not emplyed by others as I would probably get the sack on some Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment