Sunday 24 July 2016

Peter Hulbert Down On The Farm

This is one of my favourit places to call and have a nice drink and watch the sun go down, it's an area in Debyshire called Monsaldale and is frequented by many tourists seeking some peace and quiet. "I recomend it as a change from the norm".

As you will notice by the colour of the sky, the end of the day is slowly drawing in and the wonderful skyline is changing as a consequence.

This picture almost looks as though the hilllside is on fire, but you can rest easily as it is only the skyline.




I have never quite worked out the mentality of this road, it is barely the width of a car but for some reason someone saw fit to put lines down both sides, even an adverage idiot would not park here as it would totally block the place.

This is the famous Ladybower Dam, famed for the dambusters practice site and the location used to test for the big attampt on the bombing of the dams in Germany in the second world war.
A bit of a loan fisherman today, the only fishing allowed on ladybower is fly fishing which is a passion of mine.






Who would want to mess with this guy, not me for a certainnty.

This handsome guy was getting quite vocal as I took his pictures as I assume he saw me as a threat to his girlfriends in the field.








As you will see, it is very lonely but so tranquil in this part of Derbyshire and the only thing disturbing the noise is the pure silence and it is heaven.
The funny thing about cattle is just how inquisitive they are. They almost always want to come and see whats going on when you start doing something, it is amusing watching them.


IT's almost like I traveled to the end of the earth and found I was the only one left, as far as they eye can see, I am the only one here.






It took me about 20 mins of trials to capture this picture, in the end it was a simple task of not using my camera but using my mobile phone and a piece of grass in my hand.
















The beautiful valley of Monsaldale in the heart of Derbyshire, such a lovely view and peaceful place to visit.



No comments: